Sunday, March 22, 2015

This Is a Poem I worte today, Its kind of about my fiance' and about.... time and death.. :) sorry that doenst sound to happy but you should read it anyway huh?

As the hands of time draw ever near
As the clock comes close to three
I want to say one thing my dear
So still and listen to me
When soft spring winds on budding bows
whispered gently to the trees
He told them of a secret place
known only to you and me

The light spring wind was gentle,
gave you hope when hope was gone
My wounded soldier onward marched
using brain as well as brawn

Then came the summers sunny touch
forcing back the rain
She led you to a higher hill
above a grassy plain

Your knees from months of walking
buckeled from the strain
The summer gladly caught you
and took away your pain

So there you lay in Summers arms
unmoving and unknown
Until the crisp fall wind
showed you the way home

The cooling touch of autumn
led you by the hand
Across mountians of glass
and oceans filled with sand

The oak trees leaves sighed in the breeze
and fluttered gently down
As my weary wounded soldier
fought to hide a frown

The winter pushed him onwards
never letting him to rest
The winter month though sligtly harsh
knew that he knew best

The cold wind only bit him
when the cold wind knew it should
It pushed him ever onward
towards the fairy wood

I opened my arms gladly upon
seeing my true love
I knew that months brought us together
when push had turned to shove

Its true i had my moments
when i myself saw death
When the hooded figure towered
I had barely gasped for breath

But my soldier how he begged me
to stay only for him
And who was I to refuse
such a lovely whim

I met him in the summer months
courted him in the fall
I loved him through the winter months
which were the hardest of them all

Now we hang in the balance
as do we all
Where dreams become reality
where someone takes the fall

So when you close your eyes my dear
and do not wake from sleep
My weary winter soldier
know that i will weep

We will not long be parted though
for in your footsteps i shall follow
Through the darkened corners
into every broken hallow

And when the summer months have fled
and winter brings his chill
Know that you are not alone
I'll love you ever still

We will be reunited
under sun and moon and stars
There is no love stronger dear
or even close to ours

No comments:

Post a Comment